Unleashing Athletic Potential by Expanding the Mind-Muscle Connection
Robosport Technologies is a sports performance enhancement company that asks one question: Do sports training methods and technology foster neuroplasticity?* We pursue new methods and develop novel sports training products only if the answer is YES.
*Neuroplasticity is the brain’s ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections and allows the neurons to adjust their activities to new situations or to changes in their environment.
Traditional Batting Tees turn Humans into Robots
Batters need to be prepared to make contact with a ball at any point within the strike zone. At 95 mph they have approximately 425 milliseconds to accomplish this task—a blink of an eye.
Traditional Tee Design and Practice Methods
• Traditional design is flawed; creating an inconvenience to adjust, and preventing batters from engaging in a more efficient and effective process
• The repetitive process creates a neuro-motor pathway or swing groove that becomes fixed and inflexible
• Does not prepare batters for live game situations
• Traditional tee work is boring and monotonous and does not foster or promote the learning process
The traditional “Muscle Memory” approach to training isn’t optimal for how our brains learn. Repetition and unilateral training inhibit hand-eye coordination rather than fostering it.
Mental to Neuro-Muscular
Repetition to Randomization
Unilateral to Bilateral Training Mode
Short-Term to Long-Term Learning.
- Understanding the brain from a neuro-motor approach rather than just a “mental” approach
- Training shift from repetition—which creates robotic movement—to randomization that promotes a quicker decision-making and motor reactive process
- Neuro-motor plasticity can be further promoted by working the non-dominant side that in turn creates more precise and controlled movement on the dominant side
- Combining randomization (contextual interference) with non-dominant side (cross-education); while more difficult in the short-term, it leads to longer term gains and memory retention
- We develop methodology and technology that trains athletes for fluidity, flexibility, and the ability to immediately adapt to the dynamic environment of the game where anything can happen at any moment.
Our Featured Technology: The Robotic Batting (RBT)
- Min and Max Heights are custom programmed based upon a batter’s height, stance, and MLB strike zone rules
- Telescopic feature that automatically repositions itself at a new random location thus preventing batters from hitting a ball in the same consecutive spot
- Fosters Neuro-motor plasticity by forcing batters to “re-think” each and every swing
- Promotes Knowledge of the Strike Zone by creating a full 3D Resolution rather than creating muscle memory for just one position or hot spot
- Rids the body of muscle memory by developing brain-body connectivity that can adapt quickly to any incoming ball within the strike zone
The First Batting Tee To Effectively Teach Knowledge of the Strike Zone
Our Launch Products
Deliver true game practice with Robosport’s revolutionary products.
Single-Axis Robotic Batting Tee
Prevents batters from hitting the ball in the same consecutive spot. Forces batters to “rethink” each swing.
3D Strike Zone Tee
Offers thousands of randomized positions from a 1 to 3-dimensional personal strike zone. First batting tee to effectively teach “knowledge of the strike zone.”
IoT Connected Mobile App
Future Tech Development
Sensory Connected Devices
Wearable Batting Gloves
Batting Ring Bluetooth/Accelerometer
Integrated Bluetooth/Audio Sensor
Immersive and Interactive Gaming
Data Feedback & Analysis in Real Time
Commercial Grade Batting Tee
Spatial Recognition Technology